If Mama Blog Tour
I'd like to introduce you all to Lucy Adams, author of If Mama Don't Laugh, It Ain't Funny. Lucy Adams has stopped here at Good Golly Miss Blondie for her virtual blog book tour. It's a hilarious book that anyone who is a mother must read. I can relate to so many stories in her book and I love the way she interperts life as a mother. If laughter is the best medicine, then this book is definitely the prescription you need. Trust me this is one book you'll want to read!
Here is an exerpt from her book:
Tattle-some-evil, Do-some-evil, See-some-evil, Say-some-evil,
The kids, in the midst of our dressing frenzy, wander off to the sofa, where I find them lined up, oldest to youngest, Say-some-evil, See-some-evil, Do-some-evil, and Tattle-some-evil. Perfect, I think, and go along behind them plastering hair into place with spray and spit. They vehemently complain about my intrusion into their personal space.
Say-some-evil, hasn’t combed his hair in so long that his scalp hurts when the brush challenges the direction of hair growth. “Ouch,” he protests.
“Quit complaining. Turn around and let me see,” I admonish. I’m not prepared for the shock. Quickly, with both hands, I muss up his hair. He gives me a my-mom-is-so-weird-
but-I-got-what-I-want look.
“Get in the car,” I call out to deaf ears. I turn off the TV.
“What’d you do that for,” asks See-some-evil.
“Remember the reason I got you dressed?”
"No,” he lies.
Through clenched teeth, I demand, “Get in the car.”
“I don’t want my picture taken,” grumbles Say-some-evil, stomping out the door, kicking the cat.
We roll into the photography studio like a herd of elephants ahead of a tornado. And while I fi ll out the paperwork, my youngest son, Do-some-evil, begins traversing the
room by crawling under chairs and tables, both occupied and empty. Tattle-some-evil follows along whining, “I’m telling Mama.” See-some-evil encourages this raucous behavior just by observing. And Say-some-evil laughs uncontrollably.
The receptionist directs a piecing glare at me as she points to another patron’s two blond preschoolers sitting quietly on the margins, round-faced and red-lipped cherubs. “They’ve sat like that since they arrived.”
I want to scream at her, “Do you know what I went through to get here?” but I don’t. I smile tautly and explain, “That’s not normal.”
“Oh, and that is?” she sarcastically says, nodding at my boys dragging each other across the floor by the ankles, while my daughter hopscotches around the fingertips of the dragees.
At last, it’s our turn. They line up in front of the backdrop wiggling like worms in a styrofoam bowl. “Say Mama has stinky feet,” instructs the photographer. By some undeserved miracle, they forget their mission to mortify me, quit behaving like starved cats, and lean toward one another endearingly.
Smile. Flash. Snap.
Scramble. Bang. Crash.
The moment lost, we roll out of there like a barrel of rodeo clowns ahead of a bull.
(Excerpted from If Mama Don’t Laugh, It Ain’t Funny (Palm Tree Press), by Lucy Adams. Reprinted here by permission of the author.)
As a thank you for hosting her book tour, Lucy Adams, is giving one of Miss Blondie's readers an If Mama Don't Laugh baseball cap!! I'll be honest, i'm a little bummed I can't win this myself.
To Enter: Just leave me a comment on this post telling me a funny motherhood story. It can be about you or another mom that you know.
This is the mandatory entry, if this is not completed all other entries will be disqualified.
Extra Entries:
1. Follow me on blogger
2. Favorite me on Technorati
3. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway
This contest will end at 11:59 pm est Thursday April 30. The winner will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be pulled.





























ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
13 comments:
I went back to college when my son was about two. So it was a big adjustment for me to leave him during the day. To make up for it, we'd do something special together in the morning. One day we decided to make sticker collages. Well, somehow he stuck this big ol' Oscar the Grouch to my behind. I went to 3 classes before someone mentioned it to me!
I follow you too.
A few months back we were getting ready to go out shopping when my daughter spit up all over her clean outfit and the front of my black shirt. I changed her, finished getting everyone ready and out the door we went. We had already been to two stores when I realized I had never changed my own shirt. It was lovely. My husband, who was with me the entire time claimed he never noticed it. Ugh!
I follow your blog.
She's right. The preschoolers in that story were not normal. My 2 boys act more like her kids despite my best efforts otherwise.
I think my funniest mom story is when my oldest son at age 3 declared loudly in a crowded restaurant as he was coloring the kids' menu that "P is for penis," and that "Santa has a penis because he's a boy." I now get the giggles fairly frequently at Christmas time.
As we Mothers sometimes do, I was on the phone and not fully paying attention to my son. I was aware he was close by, but I couldn't figure out why he was so quiet.
He came in the kitchen, and he was completely covered in lipstick and mascara...that I had just purchased.
I couldn't do anything but laugh. He was only 2 at the time, so that's why I didn't get mad. It was also my fault for not paying attention.
Oh, the things kids do!
I follow you!
I already follow you on Twitter.
Made you my favorite on Technorati.
It was a crazy day in Mothertown...My youngest son needed a ride to work...In my head I was checking off all the stuff I needed to do when I got home...I drove through his work driveway and was heading home when I heard him say "Hey,Mom...can I get out first??"
I am a follower!!
thanks
baggypants
I have a lot of funny stories...I have twin girls and it never stops. My latest is one is listed at my site...title The Risen Goat....just a bit of a preview on how my girls think. Check it out here: http://iemommy.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/magic-marker-monday-the-risen-goat/
Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow :)
Thanks for the fun,
Christine
The IE Mommy
theiemommy(at)gmail(dot)com
Post a Comment