Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, March 20, 2009

My Biggest Fear

Fear. We all have at least one thing we are afraid of. We must, right? I mean besides the obvious, fear of something happening to your child or loved ones, is there something that just absolutely scares the shit out of you?

I have one. And I get nauseaus in the pit of my stomach, sweaty palms, I start to shake, I'm completely frozen with fear, the works! Its pretty bad, its a real fear not just something I'm afraid of. Fortunately for me, its not something I encounter on a regular basis and I am able to keep away from it.

So you wanna know what it is?

Promise you wont laugh.


Ferris Wheels.

I know what you're thinking. What?! A ferris wheel?? But yes, its a legitimate fear of mine. I'm not sure why or how it started but I do remember when. I was 13 and at an amusement park with a bunch of friends. They had what was called the "Collossal" Ferris Wheel. So we all piled on. Well as soon as we got to the top and stopped, I started to panic. I was scared shit! I was crying and shaking, my friends had no idea what was wrong. As soon as we came back down, I made them stop and let me off.

I just can't do it. I'm not afraid of heights or rollercoasters or anything like that, just the damn ferris wheel. I can't stand when it stops at the top and swings, it freaks me out. I always feel like the stupid bucket thing i'm sitting in is gonna break off and fall.

I take Hunter to the local carnival when it comes to town every spring and when he was 3 he wanted to go on the ferris wheel. I thought that maybe since I was older, my fear would be gone and I could do it. Haha! Wrong!! About half way up, i started to panic. I froze up, started shaking, and the tears started streaming down my face. Of course, my boyfriend at the time was sitting across from me and started to move over to me to comfort me, but I freaked out because he was rocking it. Needless to say, as soon as we got back to the ground I made them stop and let me off.

Now, I wont even attempt to go on them. I let Hunter go on with someone else and he'll tell them, "Oh, my momma can't go on. She's afraid. She cries."

Yup, thats my biggest fear.

I got this acronym from the Urban Dictionary and I like it!!

FEAR

Fuck
Everything
And
Run




Photobucket

6 comments:

Jenn@ The Crazies Friday, March 20, 2009  

I swear to god I know exactly what u r talking about... thats one of the things that scares me the most! I hate when it swings at the top!

Lisa Saturday, March 21, 2009  

honey Im right there with ya ! I hate heights and anything that goes with it !

Anonymous,  Saturday, March 21, 2009  

My daughter was afraid of the ferris wheel until one day, she just decided to ride and she instantly got over her fear.

Shannon Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

Right there with ya... I can't do ferris wheels, either! They give me the heebie-jeebies!

Michelle Tuesday, March 24, 2009  

a ton of people are afraid of ferris wheels. my dad used to make it rock when we were kids.
like rocking the boat, NOT like dad this rocks!

~My Blondacious Awards~

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP