Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Breast-feeding in public


A new law has been passed in our nations smallest state, Rhode Island. As of today, mothers have the right to breast-feed in public under a new law. Previously, there was nothing stating mothers couldn't breast-feed in public however there was nothing in place that directed business to allow it either. This new law also gives mothers the right to sue businesses or others who violate their right. I'm hoping this will start a new trend for all states to pass similar laws. I am pleased that this state has recognized that there is nothing wrong with women breast-feeding in public. I feel that this is a great day for breast-feeding mothers. This has been such a controversial debate for so long and i think this law is long overdue.

1 point breast-feeding mothers
0 points opponents



Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 01, 2009  

I don't know why people have to make such a big deal out of a kid having lunch. Aren't there bigger issues to worry about?

Geesh!

Jenn@ The Crazies Sunday, March 01, 2009  

Thanks Blondie... I live in MA but didnt know about this new law... think its great! Thanks for the info!

Ali Sunday, March 01, 2009  

Seriously? Why do people have a problem with women breastfeeding? How do they expect babies to eat?

Now, it just so happens that a woman in Ohio was recently cited for breastfeeding while driving. Yes, WHILE driving. That, in my opinion, should be outlawed!

http://alidotes.blogspot.com/2009/03/seriously-whats-wrong-with-people.html

Swirl Girl Monday, March 02, 2009  

Who knows, it could be good for businesses that have slowed in light of the sagging economy! oh - no pun intended.

~My Blondacious Awards~

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP