Spendervention!!
I like to shop. A lot. Retail therapy is how I deal with the stresses of everyday life. However, shopping can get quite expensive. Especially if you shop at high-end retail giants. I prefer to bargain shop. My philosophy is "why spend more when you can get basically the same thing somewhere cheaper?" Thats pretty much my attitude whenever I go shopping. It helps keep me on a budget.
My favorite stores are TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I have a Marshalls that is literally five minutes away from my house, which is so dangerous because I am almost always there. My girlfriend works right around the corner from it and she shops there as well and will call me from the store to ask me if I saw this dress, shirt, etc. that they have. TJ Maxx and Marshalls have everything from household items, to pocketbooks, toys, clothes for the whole family, and shoes.
So, on a recent trip to Marshalls this is what I bought:

- Dress for BlogHer....... $19.99
- bathing suit...................$14.99
- Skecher sneakers.........$24.99
- 2 tanktops.....................$7.99/each
Thats 5 items for a total of $75.95 !! I think I did pretty good. I especially love the dress, wait till you all see it at BlogHer, I bought it specifically for the Momdot dinner. Super cute!!
Ok, so I couldn't just brag about one place and not the other, so I trekked one town over to TJ Maxx to see what deals I could find there. This is what I got:

- 2 pairs of basketball shorts for boys........$7.99/each
- 2 Nike Heat Guard shirts...........................$4.99/each (clearance!!)
- 2 pairs of boys pajama bottoms.................$9.99
- Calvin Klein boy shirt..................................$9.99
- Hurley shorts for boys................................$12.99
- White Polo shirt for boys............................$14.99
Thats 9 items for a total of $83.91 !! See, I'm a good mom and bought more for him than myself. Now you can see for yourself what great deals can be found at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.
Do you need a spendervention? Are you spending too much money on designer fashion clothes?
Well, now's the time to stop. Shop at TJ Maxx and Marshalls for those same great fashions at a fraction of the price!
Well, now's the time to stop. Shop at TJ Maxx and Marshalls for those same great fashions at a fraction of the price!






























ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
4 comments:
I love Marshalls and TJ's. Hubby wears nothing but Nike so those are our fav stores... and Kohls... we find some decent priced stuff at Kohl's too! Hoping for some sun too next week so we can play!
I just love TJ Max. I went there last month and got quite a few things!
I am a HUGE fan of Marshalls and TJ Maxx! I also LOVE Homegoods too:)
marshalls is like a drug!! can't get enough... i never walk out of there with nothing!
Post a Comment