Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, May 11, 2009

May is Tennis Month- Giveaway

*CLOSED*


Can you believe its already May? I can't. With the month of May we know that summer is right around the corner. Which also means, schools out. Summer vacation can lead to a huge dent in our wallets. I try to find as many fun activities to do in the summer that are free. Here's where tennis comes in. Did you know that May is Tennis month? Well, it is. For Tennis month this year, the USTA just wants to encourage families to get outside and play tennis as a family activity. Its great exercise and most tennis courts are completely free! Plus the USTA started a new learning format called Quickstart that uses small courts and more child appropriate equipment (low compression balls and racquets that vary by age/size) to introduce kids to the game much the same way other sports like baseball (ie Tee Ball) does.

Personally, I love tennis. I think its great exercise and its a ton of fun. We recently received some tennis equipment to help promote Tennis month. I can't even describe how excited Hunter was when we opened the box. There was a racquet for me and one for him, tennis balls, and low compression balls which were nice and soft for him to learn with. We also received a parents guide to help me teach my son some drills. Over the weekend we hit the courts, and this was Hunters first time playing tennis. At first he was just wacking the balls all over the place, which I have to admit was pretty funny. He loved chasing after the balls and hitting them back to me...its a good thing we were the only ones on the court. I had brought the guide with me and the drills were pretty easy to follow. The guide is age appropriate and he was really able to get the hang of it pretty quickly.


By the end of the hour, we were both sweating and still smiling. I, of course, was thinking of all the calories I was burning....bikini here I come. And I think he was just happy to get to run around and smack balls as hard as he could in a structured game. I meant to take pictures of him playing but like a dummy, I forgot my camera. But, still we both had lots of fun and I think tennis is a great activity for families and kids to stay active. So, help the USTA promote Tennis month and get out there with your family and play tennis. Even if you've never played before, you can download the drills guide off the USTA website and they are really easy to follow drills.


To help the USTA promote Tennis month, one of my lucky readers will win their own bundle of tennis equipment. Included is an adult racquet, corresponding racquets to their children’s ages, a canister of adult balls and low compression balls for younger children, quickstart information and corresponding learning manuals for their children also based on age. How awesome is that?

To Enter: Tell me what other family activity you like to do in the summer with your kids to keep them active. This is the mandatory entry if it is not followed all other entries will be disqualified.

Extra Entries:

  • Follow my blog
  • Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway
  • Grab my button
  • Favorite me on Technorati
  • Blog about this giveaway and get 5 extra entries

Remember to leave a separat comment for each entry. This giveaway will end at 11:59 pm EST on May 26. The winner will be notified via email and have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.

Photobucket

194 comments:

Becky W. Monday, May 11, 2009  

What an awesome giveaway! I've always loved tennis, but haven't played for a couple of years. I'd love to teach both my kiddos! We spend a lot of time riding our bikes in the evenings. That's our family activity that helps keep us away from the TV and active.

kysmom02@hotmail.com

Sue Monday, May 11, 2009  

My three older boys are all in mountain biking clubs. We all bike together, swim, walk and hike. Thanks for the fun giveaway~

s.mickelson at gmail dot com

Sandra K321 Monday, May 11, 2009  

Everyone in our family plays tennis during the summer. We also enjoy badminton.

Carrie M Monday, May 11, 2009  

Other than Wii tennis, I am not very good at playing tennis but I would like to try. Right now my little one is a bit small for tennis and many other out door family activities but we love going for walks and hiking. We also love just playing outside in the yard together with our dogs.

MOMFOREVERANDEVER Monday, May 11, 2009  

used to play alot as a kid but not alot now- this would be fun to go out and swing with the older kids

Michele Monday, May 11, 2009  

Thank you for the giveaway. We love to play on the trampoline, throw any type of ball we have and spend time at the lake. They have a tennis court at the lake and this would be so much fun!

Jessica Monday, May 11, 2009  

Absolutely awesome contest. We love tennis and play all the time. We just got a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit and play on their as well. Neverknew a video game could give me such a workout:)
We go to the park a lot during the summer, we do a lot of bike riding and walking through the trails. We also love going to amusement parks. We live within an hour and a half from both a Six Flags and Paramounts Kings Dominion and are three hours from Bush Gardens Williamsburg. As you can see we do a lot of outdoor activities. Can't wait until the weather stays consistent and we're able to get out more. We've had rain for over to weeks straight with only a day or two off.
Thanks for the great contest.
gugel98atgmaildotcom

Jessica Monday, May 11, 2009  

Am following you on Twitter and tweeted this giveaway. My Twitter id is gugel98

gugel98Entered to win a bundle of tennis equipment. Go here to enter http://bit.ly/OWamC

jemscout425 Monday, May 11, 2009  

biking, golfing hiking and yes tennis. we're a pretty active family
pksanddancer@yahoo.com

scottsgal Monday, May 11, 2009  

What a great giveaway. During the summer we swim as much as we can in our pool and my youngest plays travel baseball so 60+ games keeps him very active.

msboatgal at aol.com

malleycc Monday, May 11, 2009  

We love to bike around the block (I am still trying to get my girls to take their training wheels off the bikes) well maybe this year.

A Reader Monday, May 11, 2009  

We like play tennis.
Thanks for the giveaway!
Kimspam66(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sir Thrift-A-Lot Monday, May 11, 2009  

Our favorite thing to do is take the ferry to the island, walk around, ride some rides and spend a chunk of the time at the beach.

jchaborek-at-hotmail.com

JoEll Monday, May 11, 2009  

i like to play outside with my son weither it is chasing balls, riding bikes, playing at the park

Sara Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

We like to go hiking in the beautiful mountains around our area
saradavis1 at gmail

Sara Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

follow on twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/SaraMama/status/1770820488

Belinda M Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

We go for bikerides and walks

http://www.goodgollymissblondie.com/2009/05/may-is-tennis-month-giveaway.html

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

What an amazing giveaway. In the summer my children and I go for bike rides, walks in the park, and we go swimming. Thanks for offering this giveaway.

hillary1128@yahoo.com

Jess Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

What a great giveaway! We like to play at the park, go for nature walks, play football & soccer in our back yard. Hubby likes tennis, but we don't have any equipment, so I've never learned. This would be great for us! =)
Thanks for hosting this giveaway!

Jess Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I follow you on twitter & tweeted! =)

http://twitter.com/jessalexander/status/1773734397

Tina Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

We also play tennis, but also have fun with just walking around our neighborhood. We also like to get on our bikes and go for a nice ride.

sweeps4us(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I like to go swimming with my family - either in a pool or at the beach!
nic0ler917 at aol.com

Amber Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

During the summer, we spend a lot of time at the playground and swimming at either the pool or beach.
mommyof3inva(at)yahoo(dot)com

wendy wallach Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

We like to go to street fairs and festivals during the summer to keep everyone active.

madamerkf at aol dot com

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

We go swimming a lot. The neighborhood pool is just 8 houses down. :)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I follow you on Twitter and I've tweeted.

http://twitter.com/badgermomma/statuses/1780639514

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I blogged.

http://badgermomma.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway-ends-526.html

Comment 1

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I blogged.

http://badgermomma.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway-ends-526.html

Comment 2

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I blogged.

http://badgermomma.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway-ends-526.html

Comment 3

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I blogged.

http://badgermomma.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway-ends-526.html

Comment 4

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009  

I blogged.

http://badgermomma.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway-ends-526.html

Comment 5

Anonymous,  Wednesday, May 13, 2009  

Playing basketball & volleyball

luckydolls123[at]verizon[dot]net

Jen,  Wednesday, May 13, 2009  

We love swimming in local springs and beaches, hiking and biking too! We are a very outdoorsy family!


jennjlw @ yahoo.com

Lala Wednesday, May 13, 2009  

Ahhh.. a gypsy mom.. with a pseudo husband..... there..but not really you know what I mean.. so keeping my sass queen 9 year old princess occupied..isn;t as bad as the Gypsy Prince!.. So.. we load the beach cruisers, buckets and pails, nets and poles... lots of bandaids... and head to the beach... NO ARCADES allowed.. just sun, snow cones, your bucket and the deep blue sea... Run my little gypsies... so when I get you home.. i can put you right down to sleep and play on Blogger!

randycur0962 Friday, May 15, 2009  

Tennis anyone? We play every summer, but our rackets are getting a bit old and ragged.

sphinx63 Friday, May 15, 2009  

We like to go walking in the woods together. We pack a picnic lunch and walk til we find a nice place to eat. The kids learn all about nature this way. Thanks!

Anonymous,  Friday, May 15, 2009  

Erin
eescheffer@msn.com

To keep us all active, kids included, we like to go walking on the trails and biking.

mogrill Friday, May 15, 2009  

I like to take nature walks. Thanks for the chance. mogrill@comcast.net

jemscout425 Friday, May 15, 2009  

volleyball, tennis, golf, biking and hiking, plus the annual vacation to an amusement park
pksanddancer@yahoo.com

Maxrocks Friday, May 15, 2009  

Play tennis twice a week and love it. It's great to get the kids involved too.

Elkaye Friday, May 15, 2009  

My family usually goes swimming during the summer.

elkaye[at]gmail[dot]com

Elkaye Friday, May 15, 2009  

I follow you on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/Elkaye/status/1810561699

Sarah Z Friday, May 15, 2009  

We love to swim and go on walks once it starts cooling off at night!
Thanks
Sarah
believedreamcourage (at) gmail.com

Anonymous,  Friday, May 15, 2009  

My family goes bike riding and takes the dog to the park for fun. cardeb2@verizon.net

EDRing Friday, May 15, 2009  

we love to ride our bikes daily. It's a great family activity & keeps us healthy.

Ellen
eering99@hotmail.com

Colo12 Saturday, May 16, 2009  

We hike and bike and do some flyfishing! Love the outdoors. Cool website good info!!!

Staci A Saturday, May 16, 2009  

We play soccer and baseball together to stay active.
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Staci A Saturday, May 16, 2009  

And faved you on Technorati-MommaStaciA.
mommastaci33(at)yahoo(dot)com

Diane A.,  Saturday, May 16, 2009  

Very generous of you - nice site; keep up the good work! I'm single Mom to 10yr old boy and 7yr old girl; both like everything! We swim, (they) climb trees, walk everywhere, soccer, scooter and bike, fuse-ball in the garage gets mighty exciting at times! Don't forget yard work; we have races and contests with prizes, of course! Tennis too, with our 2 old rackets. Love it all! Thanks for "listening."

Diane, dijenna@yahoo.com

Merry Sunday, May 17, 2009  

We enjoy adventure travel, and one of my girls is in a band that keeps her active. Tennis is my favorite sport but I haven't been able to play in years! Would love to win this :) The 2 girls say they are not interested :/

tatertot374 Monday, May 18, 2009  

Thank you for a great giveaway! I would love to win. We love to take hikes and play baseball. Thank you
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

Mommy 2 Monkeys Monday, May 18, 2009  

We usually go swimming, but I love tennis and would love to include my daughter.

Sarah Tuesday, May 19, 2009  

We like to do a little hiking, but mostly we play in the front yard!

ignoramoose (at) gmail (dot) com

missreneer Tuesday, May 19, 2009  

We love to play golf all year. I was just telling my husband how much I want to play tennis. You make it sound like so much fun. Thank you so much for the great contest :)

karenmed409 Tuesday, May 19, 2009  

We spend a lot of time outdoors, camping and fishing and an occasional hikeing trip

gobmoms1@lycos.com,  Wednesday, May 20, 2009  

We like to play in the pool. Water sports are great exercise too. My granddaughter really wants to learn to play tennis, so this would be a tailor made gift for her

Anonymous,  Friday, May 22, 2009  

i havent played tennis in a long time...but would be nice to get back into it....we play horseshoes alot with the kids and swimming is a favorite with my bunch


cpsnsamples@aol.com

Daniel M,  Friday, May 22, 2009  

walk, bike, toss the football around, badmitten - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Anonymous,  Sunday, May 24, 2009  

We ride bikes, and walk alot. I would love to get back into tennis. Thanks.

Storm Safety Blog Sunday, May 24, 2009  

We do yard work, then set up a badminton set in the back yard for some fun!

covercover Sunday, May 24, 2009  

Going to the beach and swimming, ball playing and surfing

ktanjatk(at)gmail(dot)com

Kiddo@kiddocooks.com Sunday, May 24, 2009  

Swimming! Summer just isn't summer without swimming!
leahtardo[at]gmail[dot]com

CinemaSista Sunday, May 24, 2009  

I like to take them on nature trail walks, and look for pieces of nature to collect, like special rocks and so forth. =)

MovieMomma@gmail.com

CinemaSista Sunday, May 24, 2009  

Following on Twitter and tweeted!

http://twitter.com/CinemaSista/status/1909162539

MovieMomma@gmail.com

taylorbagels Monday, May 25, 2009  

blogged #1 http://electriccislandd.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-is-tennis-month-giveaway.html

electricisland(at)gmail.com

taylorbagels Monday, May 25, 2009  

blogged #2 http://electriccislandd.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-is-tennis-month-giveaway.html

electricisland(at)gmail.com

taylorbagels Monday, May 25, 2009  

blogged #3 http://electriccislandd.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-is-tennis-month-giveaway.html

electricisland(at)gmail.com

taylorbagels Monday, May 25, 2009  

blogged # 4 http://electriccislandd.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-is-tennis-month-giveaway.html

electricisland(at)gmail.com

taylorbagels Monday, May 25, 2009  

blogged #5 http://electriccislandd.blogspot.com/2009/05/may-is-tennis-month-giveaway.html

electricisland[at]gmail.com

samf36 Monday, May 25, 2009  

What a nice giveaway. That is a great exercise for a parent and child. we walk a lot for exercise.

Anonymous,  Monday, May 25, 2009  

We all like to pretend that we can play tennis-
Diane
dianesmb@aol.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

For the summer months, we installed a sand volleyball court in our backyard, so the top two activities besides tennis that we do as a family are volleyball and badminton - with trips to our swimming pool in between games, of course. Thanks for the terrific giveaway - would love to surprise my family with some new racquets!

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

I'm following you on twitter (guettel78) and I tweeted the giveaway here: http://twitter.com/guettel78/status/1917693101

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

I faved you on technorati (guettel78) - thanks!

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

Blog Entry 1: http://slavetoacademia.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway_25.html

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

Blog Entry 2: http://slavetoacademia.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway_25.html

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

Blog Entry 3: http://slavetoacademia.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway_25.html

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

Blog Entry 4: http://slavetoacademia.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway_25.html

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

guettel78 Monday, May 25, 2009  

Blog Entry 5: http://slavetoacademia.blogspot.com/2009/05/tennis-equipment-giveaway_25.html

gkaufmanss@yahoo.com

Unknown Monday, May 25, 2009  

We do alot of running around in the yard playing tag and badmitten

Anonymous,  Monday, May 25, 2009  

Great giveaway. I'd love to play tennis with my son. Now, our family rides our bikes a lot. We have a great bike trail near our house that follows the river and we bike out and have picnics quite a lot. Thanks for the contest.

aglo Monday, May 25, 2009  

We like to go canoeiing at Beavers Bend St Park in Oklahoma. I t is only an hour away and the kids love it.

Mia J. Monday, May 25, 2009  

We like to swim and hike around our beautiful parks and nature reserves.

Anonymous,  Monday, May 25, 2009  

Over the weekend I jog with my 2 daughters
boxerbaby622@gmail

Pamela S Monday, May 25, 2009  

Our favorite is riding bikes. Thanks.
pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

1993wel Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Both my boys want to learn tennis this summer! What an awesome giveaway. I go for bike rides with my boys so that we all stay active in the summer.

bloggytreasures Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

We all really enjoy playing badminton. We play the traditional game with the net but then we have about 4 other badminton style games with other racquets/catchers that don't involve nets. LOVE it!
quelleheure4[at]gmail{dot}com

rfrakes331k Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I like tennis. My wife and I could go play tennis. Thank you for the opportunity!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Picnics in the local park is a fun time for our family! We load up anything in the fridge, balls and a blanket and off we go! Making memories! Thank you for this awesome giveaway! Would love to have the tennis equipment for me and my eight year old son!

Barbara Rawe
tykelly1@yahoo.com

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Our family loves to swim in the summer! We also enjoy late evening walks together!

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

We are a very active family of 5! In the summer months we love to go waterskiing and boating with our 3 young children. My youngest is 7 months old so we won't count her, but our two other children are quite the little swimmers for such a young age! But, there are many summer days when it rains so my husband and I have been talking about starting up tennis lessons for the kids, the two older ones. We belong to a large gym that has indoor tennis courts and they do offer lessons for children so I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw your wonderful giveaway! This is just the jump start we need to get our kids going on those lessons, and it is something the entire family can do together! My husband and I both play, but not regularly so we can back into it again too! Thanks so much for the chance to enter.
joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Twitter follower and tweeted

http://twitter.com/joannaonthelake/status/1925454912

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Grabbed your Button
http://thebestofeverythingforyou.blogspot.com/

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

#1 - Blogged!!

http://thebestofeverythingforyou.blogspot.com/2009/05/good-golly-miss-blondie-may-is-tennis.html

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

#2 - Blogged!!

http://thebestofeverythingforyou.blogspot.com/2009/05/good-golly-miss-blondie-may-is-tennis.html

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

#3 - Blogged!!

http://thebestofeverythingforyou.blogspot.com/2009/05/good-golly-miss-blondie-may-is-tennis.html

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

#4 - Blogged!!

http://thebestofeverythingforyou.blogspot.com/2009/05/good-golly-miss-blondie-may-is-tennis.html

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

joannaonthelake Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

#5 - Blogged!!

http://thebestofeverythingforyou.blogspot.com/2009/05/good-golly-miss-blondie-may-is-tennis.html

joannaonthelake@gmail.com

blogggggg Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I know it may sound silly, but we all like getting a big game of tag going. It is fun and it definitely gets your heart pumping!

wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

carolpie Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

We take them to the park so they can play and go on walks. We take them in the backyard and they garden with us and play with the dog-things like that.

TealEnvy Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Ive just started to do sports with the kids my oldest is 2 and he loves soccer. We go to the park and run the whole park and hit the field for some kicking then on some nights we go to the tennis courts, he cant play but he like to hold the racket and try :)

Tiffani,  Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

This is great. We love to play football outside in the front yard.

tifg45@excite.com

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Our favorite summer activity is to be at a friend's pool! Thank God for friends with pools :) We have so much fun and it's great socialization for my daughter, too. Thanks for the giveaway!

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I favorited you on technorati (annasmama0702)

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I follow you on twitter and tweeted

http://twitter.com/annasmama0702/status/1928373333

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I blogged:

http://blog.theartofbeingmom.com/?p=76

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Entry #1

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I blogged:

http://blog.theartofbeingmom.com/?p=76

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Entry #2

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I blogged:

http://blog.theartofbeingmom.com/?p=76

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Entry #3

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I blogged:

http://blog.theartofbeingmom.com/?p=76

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Entry #4

Courtney Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I blogged:

http://blog.theartofbeingmom.com/?p=76

annasmama0702@gmail.com

Entry #5

lezanac Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

We love to swim and go for a walk in the evenings when it cools down lezanac@yahoo.com

Lori Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

I love tennis. My daughter is playing badminton with me and we all do lots of bike riding.
lkziegler[at]gmail[dot]com

Kimberly Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

My son and I play catch or kickball with the neighborhood kids in the feild near our house!

purplepassion126 Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

During the summer, we like to play miniature golf, ride bikes, and rollerblade.

Jessilyn82 Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Another activity we love is hiking/mountain biking, thanks for the chance!

cathy2406 Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

We are blessed to live in Florida and have a pool so the girls love to swim, but my 7 year old has been really expressing a great interest in tennis lately and this would help!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Love the tennis my husband at age 79 and I at sixty still swim, speed walk also; many thanks raymondw345@AOl.com

Charlene Kuser Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

We participate in volleyball,baseball and
swimming

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Charlene Kuser Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Following and Tweet:
http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/1932066239

CharlieGurl57@aol.com

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

We shoot trap and skeet and chase balls.

Andrea Henry
caden@pineland.net

~My Blondacious Awards~

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP