Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol Upset



All I have to say is....what the hell were you thinking America??!! Kris Allen? This is the first time in the shows history that I didn't agree at ALL with who won. Now, clearly I am an Adam Lambert fan, what's not to like. Sure maybe the screaming is a little over the top but you can't deny the fact that the guy is a brilliant entertainer. Every time I watch him perform I am intrigued. He sings with such emotion that even I can feel it. I'm just throwing this out there...I want to see him in concert. Just him.


And I'm sorry but Kris Allen annoys the crap out of me. His stupid faces he makes when he sings and his pathetic attempt at a moustache so he doesn't still look 16. Isn't working for me. He's forgettable. I was pissed off enough that he had made it to the finals, a place where I personally don't think he belonged. But then to win??!! He's going to go down as one of the Idols who never did anything ie..Taylor Hicks, Fantasia Barrino, etc. whatever happened to those winners? They didn't do much, that's for sure.


Now had Adam lost to Allyson or Danny Gokey, I would have been ok with that. Why? Because they were good. I'm not saying Kris can't sing...its pretty apparent that he can. I just don't think he was better than Adam or Allyson or even Danny. So here's my prediction, Adam is most definitely going to go on to bigger and better things (how cool was he singing with Kiss and Queen last night??!!), and Kris will put out maybe one or two singles and that will be all we will hear of him. He'll do future American Idol shows but thats about it.




So what did you think of last nights American Idol results, major upset or very happy?



Photobucket

11 comments:

Misusedinnocence Thursday, May 21, 2009  

I'm bummed. America always votes the underdog. Regardless of talent. I figure the majority can relate to the talentless more.

Cat@3KidsandUs Thursday, May 21, 2009  

I'm actually not that surprised, a little disappointed but not surprised.

Kris appeals the younger girls and will likely have a decent career thanks to his mediocre talent and better than average looks.

Adam had a lot of things going against him. His sound appeals to a smaller group, and his lifestyle has been bashed all over the internet, which is truly sad.

deepsouthrunner Thursday, May 21, 2009  

I don't think it really matters who wins out of the top 2 - both always get record deals, one through AI, the other through another avenue.

Night Owl Mama Thursday, May 21, 2009  

Unfortunately not everyone is going to be Happy. One thing I can say is think of this. WHen a contestant becomes an American Idol he's tied into a contract. He can not promote outside of AMerican idol. With that being said You'll see a lot more of Adam. HE's in a Way better position NOT winning.

Anonymous,  Thursday, May 21, 2009  

I completely and absolutely agreed with everything you said. I thought those exact thoughts last night. I was so let down by who the winner was, but I know that Adam will soon be a superstar (he already is) and I can't wait to see what kind of projects he gets into. Kris became the winner because of lots of little girls with way too much time on their hands who voted for the cute boy with mediocre talent!

Tiffany Friday, May 22, 2009  

Stopping by from the link a thon to show some linkie love :)
I'm more than a little disappointed with reality tv in general the last few weeks. First Helen on BL, and now Kris with AI? What the heck? Guess I should have voted....
Adam is going to make an amazing record though!

Sara Elizabeth Saturday, May 23, 2009  

Thank you! Amen sister. I am so upset that Adam didn't win. he was the real talent. He is Bowie, Kiss, Queen, and Elton John all rolled into one and in the present time. Kris is so ordinary and boring to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am hopping over from the Blog-A-Thon. I am trying to hit everyone this weekend (I have a lot of hopping to do). *hehe*

Have a wonderful and safe three day weekend!

(I am #117, #118, and #119)

Lisa Monday, May 25, 2009  

I totally thought that Adam would have won cause he seems to be with the in style these days ! I wanted Danny to win and was upset that he didnt !

Unknown Monday, May 25, 2009  

I took solace in knowing adam did not have to go the route ai would want him too LOL. I figure he is much better off and I will be buying his record.

~My Blondacious Awards~

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP