Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Big Boobie Friends Forever

Cute title, huh?

That just so happens to be the name of the team i joined for the Avon 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston. Our team captain is my brothers girlfriend and asked me if i would participate this year. Now, i haven't lost anybody close to breast cancer but i do surgery on a lot of these patients and it is very sad. I'm going to walk just to support the cause and to do "something" with myself. I feel the need to do something to make me feel accomplished. And besides, anyone can be diagnosed with breast cancer.

So over the course of two-days i will be walking 39.9 miles! Yikes! I bought new sneakers yesterday that i will break in and begin my training. I just started my fundraising yesterday and sent out emails and posted letters all around work. I have to raise $1800 before the event.

Its the biggest challenge i've ever taken on, but I'm very excited about doing it because i know it will make a real difference to the millions of people affected by breast cancer. I've also decided that for people who donate, if they know someone who has/had breast cancer, i will wear their name on me in their honor.

If you would like to help support our efforts and the breast cancer cause you can make a donation online at http://www.avonwalk.org/, click Make A Donation, and type my name, Nicole McCabe. Every little bit is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

And remember, one woman in the US is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, February 17, 2009  

That's really cool and I'm a big breast cancer awareness supporter. As long as it's walking, it's totally doable. You and your big boobies can do it!

Leah Thursday, February 19, 2009  

Good for you!

I wanted to do the 3 day walk but the time frame doesn't work with my schedule this year so hopefully next year.

I wanted my team name to be "The Ta-Ta's"

ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP