Boys, Boys, Boys
The last time i updated you all on my dating situation with Mr. Universe and how he swooped in like a knight in shining armor and took care of me while i was injured. Since then he took me out for lunch was afternoon, which was nice. I have written off Hot Daddy and Blue Eyes. I know most of you were rooting for Blue Eyes but it turned out he was kinda shady and really really into photography (if ya know what i mean). I'm all set with that! Esp. when someone likes to send those pics to their friends.
So, moving on.
Two weeks ago i went to a red sox game and afterwards went to a bar across the street from Fenway. My girlfriend and i were standing near the bar, drinking, talking, when i noticed this small group of guys standing near us. One in particular caught my eye. When i'm drinking i can be very forward and fearless. So i checked him out...made sure he wasn't wearing a wedding ring...i'm pretty sure he noticed me checking him out too. But i dont care. Without thinking too much into it, i went right up to him and grabbed him and started chatting it up with him. Yup, that's right....I approached him! And we hit it off! Go Miss Blondie!
My girlfriend took an interest in one of his friends, so we spent the remainder of the evening talking with the boys. As it turns out, he had surgery at my hospital on his elbow back in february by one of my favorite surgeons. That was just one of the many things we had in common.
A little bit about him:
He has really nice blue eyes, he's 38, never been married, has no kids, is a Boston Firefighter(hubba hubba), and a plumber, and very respectful. Oh yeah, and he's 6'4"....i'm only 5'2". So i guess we will call him Moose. Only b/c he his so much taller than i am, not because he looks like one or anything. And most importantly, we have GREAT chemistry together.
We've talked on the phone a few times since then but hadn't gone out. Until tuesday. I received a text message while i was at work from him saying i should swing by the firehouse on my way home. Honestly, i was a little apprehensive at first. My hair looked like crap from being in my scrub hat all day. Once i left work i called him with the intentions of telling him no. But quickly changed my mind. I told him i couldn't stay late b/c i had to get up the next morning and i was on-call for the OR. Yeah, like that ever happens, right?!?
I was there for only about a half hour when they got a call and let me tell you it was like being in the movies. Now, my grandfather was a firefighter but i had never been there when they got a call. All of a sudden, all these buff men come sliding down the pole and they were in the truck and gone in less than a minute. It was the coolest thing to see! Moose told me to wait and if he wasn't back in a half hour to leave. I decided to wait. They returned about 15 minutes later b/c they got called to turn back around. When they came back, he introduced me to some of the guys and we watched a movie with them. I left a couple hours later, much later than i wanted but believe me, i am NOT complaining.
Hunter and I are going up to Maine friday night because i have to judge a bodybuilding show up there on saturday. So, Moose and i have decided if i'm home early enough on saturday we'll go out then or on sunday. Also, Mr. Universe will be at the bodybuilding show on saturday because he's the promoter. Ya know, its not easy juggling two guys! Lol! But hey, this is the best part about being single and dating! I'll keep you all updated on Moose and Mr. Universe!





























ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
7 comments:
You crack me up!!
Ooooo... Moose sounds like he has potential ;)
MMMM, firemen & poles, gotta love the sight of that;)
nothing like a firehouse full of buff men...
Sounds like fun to me :)
Oh, I'm so happy for you!!! You know I don't know any of the background story as to why you are single in the first place, however, you sound happy. And that makes me happy. Have fun with your *ahem* MEN!!!!
Good Golly Miss Blondie!
I have been so neglectful in reading and commenting lately!
Forgive me?
Any Boston firefighter who hangs out in bahs and can also snake a toilet is a good catch.
And if he's an Irish fiafitah - all the bettah!
(remember , I am from Boston originially, so I am allowed to make fun of the accent)
love, Swirlgirl
Post a Comment