Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pink Shirts and Dates

Sorry i've been MIA for a few days...but i'm back now, so no worries. And i'm back with some stories. So first off, since it's fresh in my mind, Hunter started first grade yesterday. He said it was "awesome." His friends Madison and Brian are in his class and they all sat next to each other. Today was his first soccer practice of the fall. He started playing in the spring and loved it, so i signed him up for the fall season. I like the fall season better because they take the kids pictures and do a team photo. So his team color is red-raspberry. HA! YEAH! When we got to practice and his new coach handed out the jerseys to his all boy team they are....

Hot Pink!

I kid you not!

He was less than happy as were most of the boys on his team. Why on Gods earth would you put an all boys soccer team in Hot Pink! Talk about humiliating! He's already said he's gonna be embarrassed and he's afraid other kids are gonna make fun of him. Of course they are! I can't tell him not to worry and its no big deal because c'mon, seriously, they are six and seven years old. Of course its a big deal! I was thinking of sending an email to the director of youth soccer but i'm not sure if i should bother to make waves. But i'm really kinda pissed too. I don't want him to be embarrassed while playing soccer. Not to mention, i don't want the team photo and the individual pictures of him in a Hot Pink jersey!! He has his first game on saturday (if it doesn't get rained out) so when i take pics of him i'll post them and you can see for yourself. Hot Pink or Red-Raspberry?

In other news....over the long labor day weekend. Miss Blondie was asked out on 3...yes 3 dates!! Woo Hoo! I haven't been on a date in about 7 months! So let me tell you a bit about these prospects:

Mr. Universe is 16 years older than i am (huge difference), twice divorced, 2 daughters ages 12 and 18. He's a cop and a natural bodybuilder. I met him at my friends bf's party who is also a natural bodybuilder and most of their friends are as well. I however am not, but was asked by Mr. Universe to judge some show. He also invited me to a Patriots game. Hell Yeah! I got a voicemail the other day from him asking me out for brunch. What?! Brunch?! I've never been asked out for brunch before, but i'm open to anything...he is quite a bit older than i am.

Next is Blue Eyes. He is only 5 years older than me, spent most of the time playing with the kids (my son included). He is very smart....a professor at a college. Lives far, about an hour away. But he seems very sweet and considerate....he gave me his sweatshirt from his car when i was cold (and i kept it :) ) I'm hoping it doesn't all turn out to be an act.

Lastly is Hot Daddy. He is 2 years younger than i am...woot woot. He is currently separated from his wife and has two adorable, out of control, unsupervised children. He just seemed completely clueless and lost trying to watch and take care of his kids. But we'll see.

I'm thinking Blue Eyes is the most promising of prospects, but who knows, i keep an open mind and hope that they don't all turn into jerks. But with my luck, i'll probably end up going on one date with each of them and then deciding i don't like any of them. But don't worry, i'll keep you updated.



Photobucket

7 comments:

Jennifer Thursday, September 04, 2008  

Wow--3 dates! You've been busy!! They all sound pretty good so I think it's smart to keep an open mind! Can't wait to hear about more dates w/ them!

I actually think the hot pink uniforms sound cool! Real men wear pink LOL!

Anonymous,  Thursday, September 04, 2008  

Go for Blue Eyes! Stable job (I work with professors so ask if he has tenure!), lives an hour away which is perfect - not too close, not too far - and I like him better than the other two prospects!

I am so jealous you had three dates! I can't even get one!!

Jenny Thursday, September 04, 2008  

Woooowwwww...dating. Sounds like fun. *coming from an always irritated married woman* :)
Yes...Blue Eyes sounds like the best prospect. Please be careful...I'm always freaked out with that stuff. Seen too many movies.
Did you find after school care for your pink-uniformed son?

Miss Blondie Thursday, September 04, 2008  

I'm always careful..and don't worry all these guys are friends of my friends. And yes i did find after school care...Thank God!! I posted a little update on it last week i think.

Tuesday Girl Friday, September 05, 2008  

3 dates? Good for you.
I would go out for a drink or *brunch* with all three.... you never know.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, September 09, 2008  

First off...an all boy team and they choose hot pink?!? I know the boys' these days have been wearing pink, even mine went through that phase, but not hot pink on the soccer field! I'd say something for sure!

And WOOHOO...three dates?!?! You go girl! My vote is for blue eyes....keep us posted;)

ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie: ss_blog_claim=3be6c8d8b7f9a2e6c3d5ba19bed9dd3c

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP