Wipe-Out
Last night Hunter had his first guitar lesson ever, and we went straight home afterwards. I live in a condo complex and pulled into my spot. But before i could get out, the people in the car parked next to me were getting out. The teenage girl in the passenger seat, very carefully got out and walked around to the back of the car. You see, everything is covered in ice. Its been extremely icy around here this week. Once she was clear out of the way, i opened my door to get out. Hunter got out of the back seat. I kept telling him to be careful...my car was literally surrounded by ice.
I was in the middle of repeating my "be careful" when all of a sudden.....
My feet start sliding. I tried to grab onto the car next to me to get my balance. No such luck! I fall smack down on my right side! So there i lay...sprawled across the ice for a prolonged amount of time. You would think i would've jumped up....nope, i stayed laying there like a frozen popsicle.
Hunter starts calling for me. I yell to him that i fell. And what do i hear.......???
A hysterical laughing hyena!! No lie. My son was laughing so hard and uncontrollably, to the point of tears in his eyes. Sure, i admit, i'm the first one to laugh when someone falls...its wicked friggin funny, but i was actually hurt and to hear my seven year old laughing at me was such a stinger. When i finally did get up, i noticed that the girl and her mother were standing on the other side of their car....laughing! I'm sure they were laughing because Hunter's laugh is so infectious but what if i had hit my head?!
Well, luckily i didn't. I do however, have a HUGE bruise on my hip and my knee and a small one on my elbow. Leave it to me! At least i didn't break anything!





























ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
5 comments:
LOL.. What's up with little boys laughing at the most inapropriate times?? It must be something in their genes! I'm so sorry you fell!! Hopefully the bruise goes away fast...
And how did Hunter enjoy his guitar lesson? Does he want to be a rock star??
you are lucky...last time that happened to me I had broken my ankle completely...my son wasn't laughing, but was calling 911. glad you weren't hurt!!
he had loved his lesson!! he even came home from school today and practiced what he learned for a half hour just like the instructor told him to!
I'm glad you're ok! I fell on the ice a couple years ago and it was really scary--it happens so fast!
Little stinker!! Glad you are OK!
Post a Comment