Philly Roadtrip!
I am going on an all-girl Roadtrip this weekend!! That's right, no kids!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited i am. I, obviously, don't get out much! I don't travel. Not that i dont LOVE traveling, i just don't have the means to do it. I LOVE seeing new places and taking Tons of pictures. Which is exactly what i intend to do this weekend.
We're roadtripping to Philly. It's supposed to be a long 6 hour drive, but for me, i'm completely stoked! I've never taken a roadtrip before. And i've never been to Philly. Actually, pathetically, i can list the places i've been outside of Massachusetts on just two hands. I dont even have a passport! So, even a trip this small really is HUGE to me! As if you couldn't tell already just by reading my blog....little things always excite me!
I'm going with my friend Angie and her friend Alice who is running the half-marathon on sunday. We're leaving Saturday morning and i'm really hoping that we can see some sites on saturday after we arrive. Thats really all i wanna do. I want to see as much as i can and take plenty of pictures. Oh, and i have to have a Philly Cheesesteak too! We plan to leave on sunday night after the race. I just realized i'm not working monday so double bonus!! Bring on the long drive!
Hunter is going to spend the weekend at my grandmothers house with some of his cousins. He's thrilled. He's making me drop him off tomorrow so he can spend an extra day with them!! I'll be sure to post some pics on monday and tell you all about my mini-vaca!! Aaahh....two full days with no kids....BLISS!!































ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
5 comments:
Ooh that sounds like so much fun! I live right outside Philly and it's such a fun, fun city. Have a GREAT, kid free, road-tripping weekend - I'm insanely jealous!
Have a cheesesteak 'with' for me while you're there!
YUMMMM..
safe travels to you!
Have a GREAT weekend!!!
Have fun, Philly is great and have a Pat's cheesesteak I think it is better then Genos. :)
Can I come?
We moved away from all of our babysitters (grandparents) this year, so neither my husband or I get much alone time. Although my parents did keep Daniel for a month this summer, it FLEW by.
I was a single mom up until I met my husband a little over a year ago and I know how precious those few hours you get to yourself are.
Post a Comment