Parent-Teacher Conferences
Scare the hell out of me!! I must have some sort of repressed memory or something because even as an adult i'm scared. It brings back feelings of going to the principals office or staying after school because i wouldn't stop talking.
The Uh-Oh, i'm in trouble feeling.
I guess i'm just one of those parents that feels that my child's behavior is a reflection of me. And what if she says my kid isn't up-to grade. Or that he's disruptive in class. Or that he's just not "getting" it. My own paranoia i suppose.
I had parent-teacher conferences the other night. And of course, i get nervous as hell!! As always, it turns out fine...no big deal. His teacher, who is the size of a first grader and just graduated college last year, is really sweet as pie. She said Hunter was chatty and fidgety but if she called him he would get the answers right. He participates very well, gets along with all the kids. He's also above grade level in math and right at grade level for reading. Not. So. Scary. At. All. There was no big bad monster or detention slips getting thrown at me. So overall, the conference went pretty well. I can't complain about his progress at all.
I'd love to say i'll be fine at the next parent-teacher conference but i know i'll be scared to death again. I was like this last year too. I don't what i'm gonna do when he's a teenager and getting into REAL trouble!





























ITK code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
Claim code for Good Golly Miss Blondie:
5 comments:
i responded to you on the forum.
:-)
trisha
We all want our conferences to go well..it is natural for us to think our children's performance and behavior in school is a direct reflection on our parenting skill.
I was waiting for my daughter's teacher to tell me how pretty she was, and that she did NOT look fat in those jeans...but alas! Just good grades.
:woot: I am glad it went well!
Glad it went well! I've got the same issues of seeing my daughter's accomplishments as being a reflection of me. Maybe I need to get a life! :)
I've learned you can't get too worked up by Parent-Teacher conference. If you take education seriously, then so will your kid. This is almost always the case.
Nice site. I especially like the slideshow of you and your son set to Iz's version of "Over the Rainbow".
Cheers,
Colin
Post a Comment